We are seeking talented volunteers to help us digitize the Pittsburg Post Dispatch newspaper on microfilm. This is a great opportunity to support our initiative to make Pittsburg’s history accessible to the public. You will be an important member of our digital transformation team of volunteers working to preserve our historical collection of artifacts for future generations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digitize newspapers using a microfilm scanner
- Crop and deskew each image
- Adjust exposure, sharpness, and contrast when necessary
- Review scanned microfilm images to verify pages are scanned accurately
- Rescan poor quality images as needed
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Previous scanning experience (preferred)
- Photo retouching or editing using Photoshop, Lightroom, or similar applications (preferred)
- Good eye for image detail
- Willingness to learn and properly utilize specialized scanning hardware and software (ScanPro, etc.)
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 9 hours per month for 3 months.
SHIFTS: Saturdays 10:00 to 1:00, and 1:00 to 4:00
NOTE: This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity
If you’re interested in volunteering, click the CONTACT US button below. Or, email us at email@example.com